MARYLAND VIOLENT CRIMES LAWYER
Violent crimes are among the most severely punished in Maryland, which makes the stakes incredibly high if you have been arrested or charged for an offense such as assault. The mere accusation that you committed a violent crime can be devastating. Not only are you confronting the possibility of spending a significant amount of time in jail or prison, but when your friends, neighbors, or business colleagues learn that you were arrested or charged they may never look at you the same way again. That is why it is important to contact a Maryland criminal defense attorney as soon as possible when you are charged with a violent crime.
If you are convicted of a violent crime, you could lose everything that you have worked for or that you dreamed of accomplishing in the future. The consequences of a conviction are far reaching and may include:
- Jail or prison sentence – up to life in prison without the possibility of parole for some offenses
- Expensive fines, fees and payments to victims
- A requirement to attend anger management counseling or other forms of therapy
- Permanent criminal record that can impact your job or career
- Enhanced penalties for multi-felony convictions
- The stigma of being convicted of a violent crime
- Effects on your professional licensing if you work as a teacher, doctor, nurse, lawyer, pharmacist or other type of licensed professional
- Loss of your right to vote and to possess firearms
- Effects on your custody or visitation rights with your children
- Effects on your immigration status including possible deportation
The stakes are incredibly high if you have been arrested or charged for an offense such as assault, robbery, or criminal homicide. However, there can be hope for a positive outcome if you secure the help of an experienced Waldorf violent crimes attorney to build a strong defense to your charge.
If you need an attorney to aggressively represent you in Waldorf or the surrounding area, Thomas E. Pyles should be your first choice. He has over 25 years of courtroom experience as a criminal defense attorney that includes successfully defending clients against an array of misdemeanor and felony crimes.
VIOLENT CRIMES DEFINED:
COMMON TYPES OF VIOLENT CRIMES IN MARYLAND
- Murder – In Maryland, the crimes of murder, manslaughter, and criminally negligence homicide all fall under the state’s criminal homicide laws. Any form of homicide is an incredibly serious offense that requires the help of an aggressive and experienced Maryland violent crimes lawyer. Learn more about criminal homicide and the penalties for conviction in Maryland.
- Robbery & Aggravated Robbery – When you cause bodily injury to someone in the course of committing a theft, you may be charged with robbery or aggravated robbery depending upon the circumstances. Either are very serious felony offenses that are punished very harshly in Maryland.
- Assault – The term “assault” includes several different types of actions, some of which are not commonly thought of as assault. If you have been charged with assault, an experienced Maryland violent crimes attorney can explain your charges and your options for defending your case.
- Aggravated Assault – Aggravated assault involves causing serious injury or assaulting someone while exhibiting a deadly weapon. Aggravated assault requires a solid defense strategy if you want to avoid long term consequences.
- Domestic Violence – An assault charge involving a family member, romantic partner, or a former romantic partner is a very serious matter in Maryland. A conviction can have numerous consequences that can affect you for years or decades to come.
- Kidnapping – Kidnapping or abduction is a serious violent crime in Maryland. The best chance of avoiding the severe consequences of conviction is with the help of a skilled Maryland criminal defense attorney.
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED MARYLAND VIOLENT CRIMES LAWYER
Because he understands how felony convictions can ruin a person’s life, Mr. Pyles is aggressive and does not back down. He will fight to ensure that you get the best possible outcome for your criminal charge. Contact us today at 301-705-5006 to set up a free consultation.
I have used the law office for 3 criminal cases (which I was not guilty of) and the cases were ALL thrown out of court; thanks to the team’s research and diligence. Then I used the law office for a ‘not at fault’ auto accident. My experience with the entire law office during my car accident case was an excellent experience and a great settlement.